Posted by carlpyt On July 17th, 2014
Following are some photos of previous tours:
1. 1984 Simi Valley, CA to New Amsterdam, New York. Twenty eight days of riding. Two lay over days.
2. 1990 Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA.
3. 1994 Northridge, CA to Boston, MA.
4. 2001 Round trip from Altadena, CA to Fairbanks, AK.
5. 2009 Yorktown, VA to Florence, Oregon.
All my tours were solo except for 2009. See group photo below. There are several selfies, although not technically selfies, they were taken of me by me: Drinking from a mug; Eating on a Victoria, BC hotel balcony; Hiding from the rain in a storm drain; On the road to Haines, Alaska; and Crossing the Ohio river on a ferry is technically a genuine selfie.
Click on any image to enlarge it. Some of the text is difficult to read but pops right out when enlarged.
Posted by carlpyt On July 16th, 2014
I get periodic rushes of anxiety thinking about the ride and all the things that I need to take care of. One thing I feel good about is that I’m doing the miles on the bike, not long miles, but miles in the San Gabriel mountains which face my front door. First thing after this post is to make a to do list.
Posted by carlpyt On July 13th, 2014
I’ve been very busy with planning and training…August is quickly approaching.