December 17th, 2014
Following are some photos of previous tours:
1. 1984 Simi Valley, CA to New Amsterdam, New York. Twenty eight days of riding. Two lay over days. No bike computer so I don’t know the mileage. Over 3,000 is a good estimate.
2. 1990 Seattle, WA to San Diego, CA.
3. 1994 Northridge, CA to Boston, MA. When I arrived in Boston and checked into a fancy hotel the first thing I saw when I turned on the TV was a white Bronco being followed by a phalanx of black and whites.
4. 2001 Round trip from Altadena, CA to Fairbanks, AK. A total of 7,000+ miles and almost 5 months.
5. 2009 Yorktown, VA to Florence, Oregon. 4,300 miles and 3 months.
All my tours were solo except for 2009. See group photo below. There are several selfies, although not technically selfies, they were taken of me by me: Drinking from a mug; Eating on a Victoria, BC hotel balcony; Hiding from the rain in a storm drain; On the road to Haines, Alaska; and Crossing the Ohio river on a ferry is technically a genuine selfie.
Click on any image to enlarge it. Some of the text is difficult to read but pops right out when enlarged.